Book Recommendation: Rich Dad, Poor Dad
Song: For The Love of Money by the O’Jays
Time: 6:27 am
I recently finished reading Rich Dad, Poor Dad by Robert T. Kiyosaki.
Reading this book has helped me see finance and the ability to build wealth differently.
I recommend this book to anyone looking to build wealth and learn tools to get out of debt. It has excellent knowledge that can help you.
I will share with you seven quotes from the book that have helped me:
1. “My rich dad encouraged me to study to be rich, to understand how money works, and to learn how to have it work for me. “I don’t work for money!” were words he would repeat over and over, “Money works for me!”
2. “But the joy that money brings is often short-lived, and they soon need more money for more joy, more pleasure, more comfort, more security. So they keep working, thinking money will soothe their souls that are troubled by fear and desire. But money cannot do that.”
3. “Be an observer, not a reactor, to your emotions. Most people do not know that it’s their emotions that are thinking. Your emotions are your emotions, but you have got to learn to do your own thinking.”
4. “I want to teach you to master the power of money. Not to be afraid of it. And they don’t teach you that in school. If you don’t learn it, you become a slave to money.”
5. “The main cause of poverty or financial struggle is fear and ignorance, not the economy or the government or the rich. It’s self-inflicted fear and ignorance that keeps people trapped.”
6. “If you want to be rich, you must be financially literate.”
7. “My educated dad stressed the importance of reading books, while my rich dad stressed the need to master financial literacy.”
I hope these quotes have helped you in some way, and I encourage you to read the book in its entirety!
Until Next Time…
May God Richly Bless You,
Dr. Rich 💋