Song: Open My Heart by Yolanda Adams
Time: 1:59 pm
I recently finished reading Becoming the Woman God Wants Me to Be A 90-Day Guide to Living the Proverbs 31 Life by Donna Partow.
I started reading this book with two of my college friends, and it has really blessed my life.
The book focuses on the Proverbs 31 scripture and encourages women to become godly women like the Proverbs 31 woman. I learned so much from this book, and it inspired me to become the woman God wants me to be. I recommend this book to any woman striving to live a full and godly life.
I will share with you seven quotes from the book that have helped me:
1. “Don’t focus on human feedback. Focus on your relationship with your heavenly Husband and live to please him.”
2. “As God transforms your life, you’ll become an ever more beautiful bride and a woman whose noble character eventually brings her praise from the most important people in her life, whether that’s your husband, children, extended family, or circle of friends.”
3. “Create a specific place for time alone with God, a place where you do nothing else but spend time with him. Equip it with tools you need for bible study, prayer, and meditation. Make it the most inviting place in your entire home, and you will be drawn to it like an oasis in the desert.”
4. “Learn to satisfy your hunger with good things: time with God or good friends, fresh air, long walks. When you’re feeling blue, feed on the Word of God instead of downing a gallon of ice cream. Don’t live to eat; eat to live.”
5. “Some of us are not content with that; we want the reward without the sacrifice. Life doesn’t work that way.”
6. “There are some women whose countenance reflects the love and care they receive, not from an earthly husband, but a heavenly one. These are women who know deep down in their spirit that they are precious and honored in God’s sight. These women derive their primary identity from their relationship with God rather than their relationship with any human being.”
7. “We need to train our children for the real world, where the wisest people use the gifts God has given them to mind their own business.”
I hope these quotes have helped you in some way, and I encourage you to read the book in its entirety!
Until Next Time…
May God Richly Bless You,
Dr. Rich 💋