Sis, Don't Settle!
Time: 9:04 am
Song: Settle For My Love By Musiq Soulchild
I recently finished reading the book, Sis, Don’t Settle: How To Stay Smart in Matters of The Heart by Judge Faith Jenkins.
Reading this book, has helped me see myself and relationships in a different way.
I recommend this book to any woman who is dating and desires to get married or a woman who is already married and in a serious relationship. It really has great knowledge that can help you.
I will share with you 7 quotes from the book that have helped me:
1. “Ladies, understand that you are the protagonist of your own story, and it’s time you gave yourself permission to have the love you desire in your life. If that includes a loving, healthy marriage, then that’s exactly what you can have. But, you have to be smart when it comes to matters of the heart.”
2. “I am attracting the highest, truest form of love in my life. I continue to remain grounded and keep my heart open. I walk away from anything and anyone that doesn’t serve me. From every experience, I grow healthier and mature. I am committed to excellence in all areas of my life.”
3. “I am becoming the best version of myself and attracting someone who is doing the same. For this, I will not settle.”
4. “Commitment is not about submitting so much that you lose what makes you you. You are not giving up your power, you are expanding it. The power in any successful couple is in the willingness to be two individuals moving toward goals with each other.”
5. “Be intentional with your words because they can shape what happens in your love life.”
6. “Your desire to be in love must take a back seat to your desire to be in love with the right person. One must walk into love, not fall. True love is built on the foundation of a strong, intimate bond that can only be formed through time and experience.”
7. “You may not be able to control what happened, but you can always control your reaction. High emotions don’t justify bad behavior.”
I hope these quotes have helped you in some way and I encourage you to read the book in it’s entirety!
Until next time….
May God Richly Bless You,